On Jan 18, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> Alex, el 18 de enero a las 18:46 me escribiste:
>> It's simple: It usually goes in both. You file a bug/enhancement
>> request/whatever on Bugzilla. People then post on Trello when they're
>> working on it, adding comments/changes as they make progress.
> 
> So now to know the state or a bug I have to see 2 sites. Great!

This is annoying, but far from unusual.  For whatever reason, there simply 
aren't that many bug trackers that also have project management functionality, 
particularly once you're talking about free web-based apps.  DSource has Trac, 
and that's one of the few I'm aware of.  More important to me is that all of 
the D development tools (bug tracker, project tracker, wiki, etc) are placed 
front-and-center on the DPL webpage so there's no chance that anything could be 
missed.  Integration could be taken further via a blog or whatever, so project 
changes were automatically posted, and so on.  BugZilla is a foregone 
conclusion at this point, since it's already in place and integrated.  So the 
decision becomes whether we deal with the minimal project tracking 
functionality of BugZilla or add a new piece to the puzzle.

As an aside, I suppose it bears mentioning that one of our problems is simply 
that this is an open source project, so timelines and such can be difficult to 
project.  If I were working full-time on D I could make accurate statements 
about what I'd be working on, when it would be completed, etc.  As it is, when 
I have a spare moment for D I tend to jump on what seems to be the most 
important thing that specifically needs my input rather than working based on 
any sort of project plan.
_______________________________________________
dmd-internals mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals

Reply via email to