Please see inline, Carlos.

Not a solution, but a deployment model. The solution would dig into the
protocol bits of a selected protocol e.g. BGP to solve that. That's not what
I am writing about. I write this only to abstract the available solutions to
deployment models and see where the DMM group can do some work to
enable a variety of them.

>For example, I think we should not limit only to downlink, unless the ingress
>filtering is not considered an issue (if it is not, this also kind-of assumes
>a certain
>type of solution).

For sure not. I refrained from describing the complete sequence, as it's not
relevant for this discussion. Just trying to draw some models and see which
gaps DMM can close.

>> We end up in a routing-only approach if these anchors will be
>> distributed to an extreme and placed e.g. on radio access points and
>> the approach uses something else than MIP protocols to transfer IP
>> address context between these access points. Then we have Pete's DMM
>deployment model.
>
>Agree, but a routing approach could also be applied even if the anchors are not
>placed on the radio access points. That's why I see routing as an alternative
>solution to IP mobility protocols.

Sure. But I am not sure that it should be the DMM group that builds a new
alternative to IP mobility. What's the gap analysis then about?
Interesting to research about, though.

>> Do you agree to that view?
>>
>> I think there is common understanding that DMM is a lot about deployment.
>> Any of those deployment models are valid. Whereas the DMM WG cannot
>> work on all extensions needed to enable all models, we should converge
>> on a reasonable set of first work items to allow operators to enable DMM in
>their network.
>
>I agree. It would be helpful to get some feedback from operators on which
>deployments they have more interest on.

Good.

Thanks,
marco