Hi Pete,

On 11/15/13 12:13 PM, "Peter McCann" <peter.mcc...@huawei.com> wrote:

>There can be (but does not have to be) a centralized control plane
>element that has a global view of all the MNs currently attached
>and keeps track of which MAG they are currently on.  From the point
>of view of DMM, that's just an operational detail of a particular
>deployment.  We certainly should not require the data plane traffic
>to go through that node, and we should allow for mechanisms other
>than tunneling to redirect packets to the new MAG after a mobility
>event.  The centralized control plane (if it exists) can be involved
>in setting up that redirection state, or a distributed routing
>protocol can take care of it.

The goal of shifting / stitching the flows on the forward path that we
choose sounds perfectly fine from the view of realizing optimized data
plane. But, we still have to show how an operator can manage the
subscriber session and enforce the policies. Without such considerations,
we cannot meaningfully evaluate the solution, IMHO

Regards
Sri