Le 03/03/2015 01:08, T.J. Duchene a écrit :

It's interesting that you'd mention Java here. I don't much like the Java language or the Java programming culture, but Java bytecode has the interesting property that, with a little plumbing, one can send executable code over the network and have it run on a remote machine. This actually winds up being useful for large-scale data crunching, where you want to move the code to the data rather than the data to the code wherever possible. I wouldn't know how to build a system that does this in C (for instance) that isn't brittle.
There is no magic to it. Java's core is usually written in C after all. Realistically, the reason Java can do that is that Java bytecode is processor generic. You could theoretically do that with C as long as the processors are the same.
Alas no! There's the F. shared libraries. It works only if you link statically, which is discouraged by the glibc just because Ulrich Drepper does not like it.

    Didier