> > Contrary to what most "modern" programmers would like to promote, I
> > do not believe for one second that mandatorily garbage collected,
> > bounded languages create better code design.
>
> I honestly can't see all this failing around of code written in
> Python, Perl or Ruby :)

garbage collection is actually a compounding issue, meaning that while
it may not be a problem for programs that are only active for a few
minutes before terminating, it is a problem for programs that are high
intensity or run indefinitely.  it's typical (just ask an admin) for
internally developed server side Java business database applications
to require they be restarted daily because the devs cant figure out
why they are "running out" of memory and it's easier just to have it
restarted.  if they were developing in perl, python or any other
number of GC languages, it would still be an issue.  while it /can/ be
used properly, garbage collection is more of a hassle than it's worth.
--Gravis