KatolaZ wrote:
On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 07:33:32PM +0000, Noel Torres wrote:

[cut]

Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I follow Lennon on this. I Imagine a world
where systemd is optional (probably against its own core developers
wishes), and can be installed or deinstalled as any other init
system.

Well, you should probably open a ticket here then:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=systemd

Unfortunately, systemd has been *designed* to be unpluggable, and to
munch as much as possible of the low-level userspace. We should live
with it, especially because the typical answer you get about systemd
compatibility issues is "it's not our problem. We won't fix it". I
also have my personal (conspiracy) theory about why it is like that,
which I am sure you don't want to hear....

Don't you mean "we should live WITHOUT it?"

Miles Fidelman