On Tue, 24 May 2016 14:06:33 +0200, Emninger wrote:
> Is there a link to an instruction how to use (and setup) openrc
> together with sysvinit?

DISCLAIMER: I never tried that, so please take my
suggestions with a buckload of salt. (Corrections welcome!)

Having that out of the way: There is this presumably
outdated page you might want to have a look at:
https://wiki.debian.org/OpenRC

> I'd like to use openrc as a tool to administrate daemons and services
> since i find it a lot more "logical" (easy?). One question for example
> is, if can be used the (needed) openrc scripts from other distros (like
> Gentoo or Manjaro)? To form them on my one, i think that's far away
> from my capabilities ...

AIUI, OpenRC uses the same RC scripts as does SysV-RC.

However, if _I_ were to tinker with that, I'd first try
it in a virtual machine. The risks to end up with an
unbootable system are IMHO to high to mess with a
"production machine"[1][2]. Plus, VMs are much faster
in rebooting, and much easier to restore to a working
state (think snapshots).

[1] In the broadest sense of the term.

[2] Just because there is by now already a variety of
preliminary Devuan live images (BTW, thanks aitor, fsr,
KatolaZ, et al.!), is not necessarily a sound reason to
test drive them as a recovery option for a botched up
system.

Regards
Urban