On Thu, 26 May 2016 01:53:07 +0200
Dragan FOSS <dragan.f...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 05/26/2016 01:23 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > capability of respawning daemons that crash? OpenRC can't do that.
>
> OpenRC *can* do that:
>
> -------
> Automatic respawning crashed services
> -------
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC

Thanks Dragan FOSS!

I've been saying that OpenRC can't respawn ever since the people on
Freenode's #openrc answered my question "How do you respawn in OpenRC
rather than sysvinit's inittab?" with "You can't and you wouldn't want
to." I've been saying this for a year, and nobody ever said "oh yes you
can" til you just did.

So I'll need to quit saying that until I can lay down Manjaro-OpenRC on
a VM, do what the link you supplied says to do, and try it myself. At
which time I'll either continue saying it, or issue a whole bunch of
retractions.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21