Le 26/05/2016 01:23, Steve Litt a écrit :
Many people feel that respawning is a pact with the devil: If something
crashes, it should stay crashed for further investigation rather than
"painting over it" with a respawn. If you feel that way, OpenRC is a
good bet.

The arguments pro and cons are all sensible. I think the good decision depends on the case.

I'm the admin of a dozen servers in a remote site visited one day every two weeks by people with no computing expertise. I would like the ssh servers be supervised. In general I think the syslog server should be supervised as well. Of course I don't want the ssh server to be supervised on my laptop - in particular because I know how to restart it.

    Didier