On Tue, 24 May 2016 14:06:33 +0200
<emnin...@riseup.net> wrote:

> Is there a link to an instruction how to use (and setup) openrc
> together with sysvinit?
>
> I'd like to use openrc as a tool to administrate daemons and services
> since i find it a lot more "logical" (easy?).

Before you do this, allow me to ask you this question: Do you want the
capability of respawning daemons that crash? OpenRC can't do that. If
you prefer respawning, consider using s3, daemontools-encore or even
Runit to manage your daemons.

Many people feel that respawning is a pact with the devil: If something
crashes, it should stay crashed for further investigation rather than
"painting over it" with a respawn. If you feel that way, OpenRC is a
good bet.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21