On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 08:03:11PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 02:36:08PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > That jessie rpi image -- I presume you are talking about a devuan jessie
> > rpi image, and not Raspbian's jessie.
> >
> > How do find that Devuan rpi image?  So far I haven't been able to find
> > it, and Google seemed not to be helpful a few days ago.
>
> http://files.devuan.org
>
> under devuan_jessie/embedded

I guess I never thought of Raspbrry pi as being embedded.

Yes, there they are!  There are two for Raspberry pi 3:  raspi2 and
raspi3.  Do I conclude that raspi2 is 32-bit and raspi3 is 64-bit?  Does
the raspbrry 3 B even have enough RAM to need to be addressed with a
64-bit address?  Or is it a matter of speed?

And they are .xz files.  Do they need to be decompressed before dd?  Or
are they already ready for dd?

-- hendrik