To get X working on my Devuanized reespberry pi I need to install
xserver-xorg-video-fbdev and -fbturbo.

These packages depend on xorg-video-abi-20, which
is provided by xserver-xorg-core 2:1.18.4-2rpi1.

What's installed is xserver-xorg-core 2:1.19.2-1+deb....
  presumably from devuan's repository.

How do I get it to install an older-looking package?

----

I managed to get aptitude to do that as a proposed fixup to another
problem.

The root problem seemd to be that the raspberry pi package for
xserver-xorg-core 2.1.18.4-2rpi1 comes from oldstable, which matched
jessie, whereas the other devuan packages I have come from ascii, which
matches stretch, which is presumably curren stable.

I suspect the solution, sad though it be, is to reinstall raspbian
jessie, and possibly crossgrade to Devuan jessie, and leave everything
there.

I'm in mixed-distro dependeny hell.

Is there an actual Devuan raspbeery pi release?  How do I install it?

-- hendrik