On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 07:05:53PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 01:35:06PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > To get X working on my Devuanized reespberry pi I need to install
> > xserver-xorg-video-fbdev and -fbturbo.
> >
> > These packages depend on xorg-video-abi-20, which
> > is provided by xserver-xorg-core 2:1.18.4-2rpi1.
> >
> > What's installed is xserver-xorg-core 2:1.19.2-1+deb....
> >   presumably from devuan's repository.
> >
> > How do I get it to install an older-looking package?
> >

> You shouldn't mix repos, and it seems that this is what you are
> doing. In particular, raspbian repos should be enabled only if
> something very specific to rpi is necessary (e.g., a new version of
> firmware), and then disabled again.

Yes, that's what I did, on the advice of another Devuan respbrry pi
enthusiast on this thread.  It seemed to wok for Jessie, but not for
ascii.

> [cut]
>
> > Is there an actual Devuan raspbeery pi release?  How do I install it?
> >

> You just install the jessie rpi image, and then upgrade to ascii.

That jessie rpi image -- I presume you are talking about a devuan jessie
rpi image, and not Raspbian's jessie.

How do find that Devuan rpi image?  So far I haven't been able to find
it, and Google seemed not to be helpful a few days ago.

And how do I install it?  Do I just dd it to my 32G microsd card on
another machine?  Or is there a way to tell NOOBS about it?

And above all, is this documented somewhere?

-- hendrik