Quoting Antony Stone (antony.st...@devuan.open.source.it):

> Firstly, I am not familiar with who Vladimir Karimov is, and a Google
> / Wikipedia search has not helped me to find out.
>
> Secondly, what has the current resting place of a dead dictator got to
> do with Open Source licensing and Red Hat copyrights?

I'm guessing he meant Islam Abduganiyevich Karimov, dictator of
Uzbekistan, who died in Tashkent (the capital) in 2016 after an
iron-fisted, very bloody, and generally terrifying 27-year rule.  He's
buried in his native Samarkand.  ;->

Perhaps aitor_czr noticed Uzbekistan being missing from the cited Export
Administration Regulations (EAR) prohibited-countries list.[1]  The EARs are
a long-running farce by which the US Department of Commerce's Bureau of
Industry and Security (BIS) (advised by the No Such Agency, Never Say
Anything, NSA people) pretend as if the rest of the planet can't and
doesn't originate strong crypto.

Because CentOS includes strong crypto and is a project based at least
nominally in the USA, the project make a ritual gesture towards
compliance with the EARs.  However, like other open source projects,
IIRC they take no actual measures whatsover to prevent countries deemed
naughty by the NSA^w Department of Commerce to download their software,
and merely make the ritual declaration that people in certain countries
'may not' download it, nosirree, nope.

[1] Why?  Perhaps in accordance with the old motto, 'There's no fuel
like an oil fuel.'  (Apologies to members of the international community
who might not get the pun.  The joke is a little idiomatic.)