On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 08:06:10PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I hope fixing this doesn't disable the CDROM and that ascii or jessie
> will still install from a CDROM when you *have* a CDROM.
>
> My machine's USB has died.

Why should we disable cdroms? And to fix what exactly? We are actually
considering distributing the installer on *more* media types rather
than less, including 80-cols punched cards, 1" punched tapes, 8"
floppy disks, and QIC cartridges, respectively targeted at KDE/XFCE
installations, *box desktops, light-WM setups, and CLI-only server
configurations :P

HND

KatolaZ