On 26-07-18 12:15, KatolaZ wrote:

> The libsystemd API does not provide any way to check *which* init
> system is running (ehm...for "obvious" reasons, right?). But we could
> put in place a mechanism that allows to shell out the calls to
> libsystemd functions to a set of scripts with pre-defined names. Then,
> the system administrator or the packagers can put whatever they want
> in those scripts, or even remove them altogether.
>
> This would in principle allow people to "catch" systemd-related events
> and "translate" them to events for any other init system, using a
> simple mechanism. Or just plainly ignore them, if they like...
>
> My2Cents
>
> KatolaZ

Of course does the libsystemd API not provide it, but we can. First call
to libsystemd API == systemd installed? If no, call to libnosystemd API
which init system == installed? Or something like that. But put in place
a mechanism that allows to shell out the calls to libsystemd functions
to a set of scripts with pre-defined names would make libnosystemd far
more useful imo. Especially for developers.

Grtz.

Nick