On 26-07-18 10:00, KatolaZ wrote:

> The main problem is that those packages need to be maintained, and not
> just stripped of the libsystemd0 dependency once, and then forgotten,
> which is what happened with most of the Jessie packages that were
> forked for that reason.
>
> The medium-term plan is to replace libsystemd0 with a libnosystemd
> which Provides: libsystemd0 and noops everything, with the possibility
> of shelling-out some actions, if the admin wants so. We will get
> there.
>
> My2Cents
>
> KatolaZ

Main question is which direction do we go with libsystemd0. Creating a
libnosystemd sounds like a good idea to me. Too bad i do not have
developer skills in that area. But i cloned the git repo to take a look
at it and i wonder if there is a way to supply certain information from
daemons if installed to make better use of it. Better in the way that it
not only tells no systemd installed but make some information available
like which init system is installed. Or other useful information.

Another item: is there a resource (preferred text) how to maintain a
package? I would not mind to maintain 1 or 2 packages but i do not have
a clue how to do that.

Grtz.

Nick