On 26-07-18 16:34, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 12:45:53 +0200
> info at smallinnovations dot nl <i...@smallinnovations.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Of course does the libsystemd API not provide it, but we can. First
>> call to libsystemd API == systemd installed? If no, call to
>> libnosystemd API which init system == installed? Or something like
>> that. But put in place a mechanism that allows to shell out the calls
>> to libsystemd functions to a set of scripts with pre-defined names
>> would make libnosystemd far more useful imo. Especially for
>> developers.
> How would you like to be the maintenance programmer in charge of such
> shelled out code? Are we not, at this point, reinventing the complexity
> that was systemd?
>
> SteveT
>

> Steve Litt
> Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/key
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stevelitt
That depends: from a developers point of view systemd is in principle
nothing new in functionality but provides an uniform API for some
information you otherwise have to program yourself. We can serve them
the same information without serving systemd this way. And as a start
just supporting the most used API calls instead of the whole API.

Grtz.

Nick