Quoting Alessandro Selli (alessandrose...@linux.com):

> Isn't it amazing how strongly is *everyone* running a global business
> so much interested, to the point of being obsessed, in gathering as much
> user activity data as possible no matter what was the purpose of the
> user in performing some kind of a activity?  It's the business of the
> century: "gather data, track users, profile people, correlate actions,
> follow the tracks".  Indeed the only safe way is running one's own
> infrastructure.  Too bad the major FOSS web browser is following this
> business trend, but after all we know Mozilla is a Corporation, not a
> charity.

You got it!  And when I hear Linux users acting surprised that Mozilla
Corp. has been reducing resources allocated to the Thunderbird MUA
project, I always marvel at the surprise:  It should be obvious even on
five seconds' contemplation that Firefox brings in ad-industry revenue
(which in turn is hugely depending on data-mining users) while
Thunderbird brings in no revenue.  I keep wondering, what about that is
difficult to understand?