Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> I've now done this on my Daily Driver Desktop and my best laptop. In
> both cases, easy. Much easier than djbdns. I'll be doing this on all my
> boxes over the next few weeks. It's too easy not to.

From the POV of global DNS server load, network traffic, and resolution times -
it's better to run one recursive resolver on your internal network and let your
other boxes use that. You then get the benefit of caching across different
clients - unless they never have any DNS requests sharing any common parts.

Also, as noted earlier, if you do your own resolving then you risk issues if on
a network with any form of split horizon or local DNS. Certainly in the past
I've setup split horizon so that internal clients get different results from
those to be found globally and it's a common technique.