On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 2:13 AM Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzme...@nic.fr>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 05:00:29PM -0700,
>  Rob Sayre <say...@gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 56 lines which said:
>
> > Why can't "The Root Server Operators" run QUIC etc as well as their
> > existing UDP methods?
>
> Just a note that DNS-over-QUIC is far from standard
> currently. <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic/>
> Unlike Dot and DoH.

Probably telling that I meant DoH over QUIC. Sorry to be unclear. :)

I still don't understand the resistance here. Some data on what the impact
would be still seems like the most helpful thing to move the conversation
forward. The query volumes in question look big, but not that big, so I
think using existing TLS technologies seems like the best path unless that
can be shown to be impractical. The linked PDF basically says "we don't
want to", without providing much in the way of justification.

thanks,
Rob