> From: IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat-re...@ietf.org>
> The DNSOP WG has placed draft-wkumari-dnsop-multiple-responses in state
> Candidate for WG Adoption (entered by Tim Wicinski)
>
> The document is available at
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-multiple-responses/

I missed previous discussions (at dnsext).
However, there were many discussions about multiple queries in one request.

We need summaries of previous discussions,
and need to consider why many idea stopped.

* For the draft,

  Using unstructured data (TXT format) is not good.

  I agree query name restriction (Additional records MUST be leaf
  records at the same node in the DNS tree).

  I think the multiple queries in one request is not related to DNSSEC
  and TCP connection. They are separated elements.

* My idea

  I prefer multiple query sections (with some restrictions)
  and merged answers.

  multiple query examples may be
    NAME A + NAME AAAA + MX
    NAME A + NAME AAAA + _443._tcp.NAME TLSA
    NAME A + NAME AAAA + _sip._udp.NAME SRV + _sips._tcp.NAME SRV + ...

  Many people may dislike QDCOUNT != 1.
  EDNS0 option which contain additional query section may be possible.

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <fujiw...@jprs.co.jp>