On 6 Jul 2016, at 3:54, Ray Bellis wrote:

On 06/07/2016 10:09, fujiw...@jprs.co.jp wrote:
* My idea

  I prefer multiple query sections (with some restrictions)
  and merged answers.

  multiple query examples may be
    NAME A + NAME AAAA + MX
    NAME A + NAME AAAA + _443._tcp.NAME TLSA
NAME A + NAME AAAA + _sip._udp.NAME SRV + _sips._tcp.NAME SRV + ...

  Many people may dislike QDCOUNT != 1.
EDNS0 option which contain additional query section may be possible.

and there's my idea (draft-bellis-dnsext-multi-qtypes-02) which only
permits a single QNAME, but supports additional QTYPEs via an EDNS0 option.

Of these three solutions to the same problem, I prefer Ray's. It seems less work to implement and less likely to trip up naively-implemented DNS stacks.

--Paul Hoffman