More progress: I went through Hazel's cut down version of the
Getting Started with Base Chapter. I have accepted most of the
suggestions. This chapter has gone from 1.8MB to 1.3. My cutting down of
the Introducing Base has taken it from 1.8MB to 1.1.
      I have decided that the GS chapter is not the place for the list
boxes. So that is my next project: move that to chapter 3, Data Input
and Removal, and replace a couple of screenshots.
     FYI, any SQL single or double quotes must be U+0027 and
U+0022, respectively. Base will not recognize anything else.
     Now I will end my day, and let others read this in the morning.

--Dan