I would prefer to cut down Introducing Base and making it the
Gettting Started with Base chapter. It could be reduced to using only a
flat database with its single table created by the Tqble Wizard., a
form, one or more queries, and one or more reports.
     Presently, the Getting Started chapter uses a relational database
which is more involved than the flat database. That seems to make it a
better candidate for the first chapter of the Base Guide. Even then it
probably could use some cutting down as well.
     Hazel: the section that I sent you on copying a table from Calc
should really be a part of chapter 5. So, if you have not done anything
with this, don't.

--Dan

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 11:04 +0000, Hazel Russman wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2012 19:04:08 -0200
<SNIP>

> Yes, I think this would be the best approach if we were starting from
> scratch. Use one of the wizard's standard databases and show the
> creation of the table(s) and input form(s), a couple of simple queries
> and a simple report. Design from first principles would then be covered
> in the Base User Guide.
>
> But we are not starting from scratch. Dan has put a lot of work into
> this and I'm sure he doesn't want to see it wasted. Also it is high
> time we got *something* out. It seems that Base has always lagged
> behind the other modules where documentation is concerned. So cutting
> down the existing GS guide and moving the deleted sections elsewhere
> would seem to be the best option. I am going to try and produce a
> cut-down version and see if it will work. If I succeed, I will put it
> into the drafts folder for review.

<SNIP>