I already adapted a different template for myself a while ago, which was based upon the older 3.4 template. So far, only two list styles--Numbering 1 and List 1--were employed to produce 3-level nested ordered and unordered lists, using the factory-predefined List and Numbering series of paragraph styles. IOW, all those dozens of alphabet-soup OOo custom style names were replaced by just a small number of factory defaults.

Gary