Rob,

Question is, is it better to have a certified Limbach engine (which has not
been modernized for 50 years), or to introduce a second ignition system and
be 99% sure that in a critical situation it will save your life.
It is strange that such an engine was certified at the time.
There is no problem with drilling, as you can see. There are already plants
that do it on request, but only in the US.
It is strange that Peter Limbach himself or his successors have not
introduced this system to their product so far.

Generally, SLICK  has a mandatory service of 250h / 2 years, but mine was
about 40h / 2 years old and the rotor had to be replaced, the engine had
already been working badly, so having a secondary ignition system you can
feel more confident by 99%.

Regards
Jarek