On Saturday 07 Nov 2009, Robert Bronsdon wrote:
> In Bournemouth we have the Moon in the Square - I'd agree its often too
> busy/noisy (even mid week) to be able to have a conversation. There is
> also a new Weatherspoons in the Lansdown area The Christopher Creeke. This
> is somewhat quieter but parking would be a real issue. There is roadside
> parking at The Parkstone and Heatherlands though the pub is quite small
> and it would be difficult to get seating for a reasonable sized group. The
> Mary Shelley is again too noisy though parking would not be an issue.
> Finally there is the Sir Percy Florence Shelley which is a decent enough
> pub, parking a slight issue but the pub itself ideal. The Percy however is
> more towards Boscombe.

I think there isn't much point in having a meeting if we can't have a serious
conversation (as well as a bit of fun).

> I suggested the Goat because its parking is pretty ideal (two cheap car
> parks within a 5 minute walk - one is literally across the road) and the
> pub is quiet enough to get conversation going. The consideration about
> having access to the University is not one I had considered.

But what about the beer :-)

> Also my apologies if I seem to be the new guy who has just appeared and
> turned things on their head. This was just a conversation that came up in
> Dorchester and something I thought I could have some input in.

No apologies necessary; everyone has a say and in any case, this is a
conversation that has been going on for some time now.  You've just picked up
on the end of the thread.

Well almost the end; we still have to decide where to go.  Any advances on the
Goat?

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wednesday 2009-12-02 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/