Hi Patrick

On 08/03/2019 21:56, Patrick Wigmore wrote:
I have got the impression from these messages that Tim might be quite
enjoying the cat and mouse game, and so going straight for the
'nuclear option' of RADIUS might spoil the fun! Having said that,
perhaps I am underestimating the adversary.

Yes, not only that but I'm hoping that CC#2, by trying to beat the system, will
learn a bit about networking rather than just using it.

As someone who hasn't come across RADIUS before, could you explain how it could
help in this situation (i.e. preventing someone from connecting to the network
with an arbitrary IP address)?
One 'cheaper' option for authentication would be to just have more
than one WiFi SSID.

Yes, that's a possibility, as the Draytek has multiple SSIDs with scheduling.
But fairly quickly the unscheduled SSID passwords will be compromised.

Cheers

Tim

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-04-02 20:00