Hi Patrick

On 10/03/2019 01:36, Patrick Wigmore wrote:
My experience of RADIUS is limited to being a sometime user of
[eduroam][1], which uses it.

Thanks for explaining how this could work.

If the client can be reliably forced into a particular VLAN or a
particular IP address by the access point on the basis of the client's
authenticated identity, then it is going to be easy for a router/
firewall to control what the client can access and when.

The built in Draytek server allows for setting an IP address and mask and they
have a number of help guides which I'll go through. But I'm getting the
impression this is a bit OTT for a home network.

Cheers

Tim

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-04-02 20:00