Hi Patrick,

> > So RADIUS knows how to Authenticate.  It then Authorises
>
> I have made the old mistake of conflating Authentication and
> Authorisation.

I think I initially got them the wrong way around at least once when
typing.

It's a bad idea in software to have identifiers that are similar at the
start because the fingers too easily slip into typing the wrong one
whilst the brain's moved on to thinking about what's next.  I think
standards and protocols can also make the same mistake, increasing the
cognitive overhead in remembering all the terms as they're learnt.

I expect `Triple A' here had too much appeal to describe Corroborating
the claimed identity, Permitting the user's actions, and Tallying their
usage.  :-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.

--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-04-02 20:00