Hi Terry,

> I realised that this could well be the problem that I've been 
> experiencing for some time, with certain news sites slowing the browser 
> to a stop and eventually forcing a restart.

If your machine is running out of RAM plus swap, yes.

> I'll simply shrink the adjacent partition and increase the swap.
> However, the swap partition is on my /home partition 

If it's a swap file, it could be within the /home /partition, but
then you'd be enlarging /home so the swap file could be bigger.

> smb://TerryJColes@readynas/TerryJColes/Backups/Optiplex/Duplicity/OptiPlex/

Okay, https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/deja-dup/-/wikis/Manual-Restore
says there can be two forms of Deja Dup backups: the old Duplicity, and
the new Restic; looks like you may have the old, though it's worth
checking what's there matches that web page's description.

> Unfortunately, the setup interface in DejaDup Backup has changed and
> I cannot get it to see the files that I know are there.  This has
> always been a bit fiddly and I previously had to enter the above path
> in two parts to make it work, but no combination of pathnames appears
> to work now.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I can define the correct path

These may help having skimmed them.  Read them through.

    
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1387485/restore-from-deja-dup-backup-on-samba-share-a-synology-nas
    https://answers.launchpad.net/deja-dup/+question/700551

In general, I've found Deja Dup's documentation to be scant.
I wouldn't use it.  Perhaps it was better in the past.

-- 
Cheers, Ralph.

-- 
  Next meeting: Online, Jitsi, Tuesday, 2026-10-06 20:00
  Check to whom you are replying
  Meetings, mailing list, IRC, ...  https://dorset.lug.org.uk
  New thread, don't hijack:  mailto:[email protected]

Reply via email to