On 23/09/2026 06:55, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Use a second PC with Backup installed to obtain an up-to-date .config, given I think that's where you think the problem lies, and then transport that to the broken PC to get the full recovery underway?
The only other PC that I have is my Laptop, which already has Deja Dup Backup installed. However, that is also demonstrating the same problem, so I think that the error that I experienced during the partitioning may be a red herring. I have used the restore function many times over the years and I don't believe in the same fault developing on two independent PCs at the same time, so I can only suspect that the updated version of Deja Dup Backup and or the way that 26/04 handles pathnames to SMB: Servers has changed something that doesn't agree with my setup. I am currently copying the backup files to a new location on the NAS (I don't have a big enough local drive), with a less complicated pathname.
If the partition resizing went awry, are you confident in the quality of the filesystem now, i.e. checking it, whether it thinks it needs it or not, from other boot media?
The problem seems to be at the NAS end since both PCs exhibit the same problem, so I'll wait and see if restoring from the copied files works.
-- Terry Coles -- Next meeting: Online, Jitsi, Tuesday, 2026-10-06 20:00 Check to whom you are replying Meetings, mailing list, IRC, ... https://dorset.lug.org.uk New thread, don't hijack: mailto:[email protected]

