rij73 wrote:
> No more ideas for me? Nobody else had this problem?

I just did a complete os reinstall in the last week. Don't think this will
help but here's my localprefs.js :

checkForUpdate = false;
clock=true;
clockdelay=1000;
clockupdate=1000;
clocklongwidth=139;
reuseBrowserWindowMode = 0;
launchmode=2;
cal=true;
eventsfileurl="holidays.gb.xml";
defaultcal="yhocal";
clocklongform="EEE d MMM HH:mm";
clockshortform="EEE d MMM HH:mm";
showbutton = 2;
autocomplete = false;
googleLicenseKey = 'VB7Qf88f4whwBoF5liPbO/2KFa0SiuZU';
helpSortKey = 'alias';
calwidth=300;
calheight=225;
cssEditorExe="MyEditor.exe";
configureEditorExe="MyEditor.exe";
// for timsesync (tsync)
ServerName="time.nist.gov";

I have the tab browser extensions installed. I still am having a problem
with not all searches opening in a new tab but at least firefox is opening
for me! Something in your system is causing a problem. Local html files open
in firefox I'm sure and no doudt you've tried complete uninstalling firefox
and dqsd and reinstalling both. Maybe try using RegCleaner,
ftp://ftp.zuzino.ru/pub/Webmasters/RegCleanerNoSetup.exe
after you have uninstalled...

Hang in there! g'luck.

Tom.