My $.02

I dont think this is a DQSD problem but a failure of windows to handle the
default browser properly... I have had similar problems in the past..
Reinstalling DQSD wont fix the problem because the problem is upstream of
the toolbar.  I installed Firefox.  Fired it up (no pun intended :-) ) and
set it to the default browser... dqsd worked with it just fine..    I then
started up IE over and over, and it *never once* inquired about setting
itself to the default browser, even though it is in the internet settings to
ask..  I started Netcaptor and it too never prompted me to set it to the
default browser (no surprise since Netcaptor is based on IE).   I loaded
setbrowser and forced the default to Netcaptor.   Still the default didn't
change.   I tried a couple of searches and I got script errors a couple of
times and on the third or fourth attempt, VOILA! I was prompted to set my
default browser..  I accepted the change and now the default is Netcaptor
again...

Clearly there is a bug in windows that it doesn't detect default browser
settings all the time.

I would mess with the browser settings and try to get windows to recognize
the changes.  DQSD merely writes out an html file and executes it.. It is up
to windows to figure out which application to load for it..

Monty