Steve Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I appreciate the information this thread has produced. I have forwarded some of it to a friend who I recently gave an old Heath DX-20 that he is going to pair with his R4C. Myself, I also do not like iambic keys. I have two Vibrokeyers, one jeweled and one not, and I use them with an MFJ keyer and a trusty Hallicrafters TO keyer. I prefer the Hallicrafters unit, but warn people to be sure to replace all of the capacitors in the unit. Those old Black Beauty tubulars were junk when new, and they cause all sorts of problems in the keyer when they start to leak. The electrolytics will blow out and take the power supply components with them. Once these are replaced, the unit gives great service. Then, there is my old Vibroplex Champion bug. That is another keeper. I still have the only remaining part of my novice station which is a Johnson Speed-x straight key, but rarely use it due to grad school induced carpal tunnel problems. Much of my operating is done with CW. Preferably with vacuum state equipment.

Steve WA9JML