"EP Swynar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On 27th October, Doug wrote...

"... My T-4XC has been intermittently 'hanging' in transmit mode on CW..."

*****************************

Hi Doug,

This may be of no help to you  whatsoever, however, for it's worth, some
time ago I was using an external relay switching box to activate the T/R
relay inside my homebrewed linear amplifier (a pair of 813's) --- the 12 VDC
relay inside the box received its control, or "on" voltage, from the Icom
751A transceiver that was used to excite the amplifier...

Anyway, suddenly and without warning one day, the T/R control relay inside
the box decides to "hang" in transmit mode, just like it was activated ---
even though in reality, I'd switched from sending, to receiving. The
duration of its "hang" was dependent upon how long a transmission I was
making --- if it was a L-O-N-G "...old buzzard-type" monolgue, it'd hang
forever...until I'd momentarily switch off the exciter's power supply, that
is, and then it would release.

Anyway, I don't know what precipated this sudden affliction ---
re-arrangement of the rigs atop the shack...? The phase of the moon...? ---
but I dismantled the T/R relay box, put an ordinary RF choke in series with
each of the coil windings to the relay, and bypassed these leads at the
entry point of the enclosure with a pair of 0.01-ufd. disc ceramics.

Problem solved.

Is it possible that, for reasons unknown, RF is maybe somehow getting into
the relay control circuitry...? I know it's a stretch, because the rig
obviously worked well enough before...but then so did mine here! Hi

Good luck, in any event...

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ