Ken Bessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------

> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:44:13 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [drakelist] Deaf TR4
>
>
> Garey Barrell  made an utterance to the drakelist gang
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ken -
>
> OK. Yes, the + terminal goes to the junction of D7 and R7.
>
> Capacitor technology has really progressed in the last 40 years!! :-)
>
> If your DMM has a "Diode Test" function, usually identified on the Range
> switch with a diode symbol (-|<-), a good diode will read about 0.600 -
> 0.650 in one direction, and if you reverse the leads it should then read
> "Open" or whatever it reads on the Ohmmeter range with the leads not
> touching each other.
>
> Garey

      Well, I replaced C5a/b and C11 (it had had the upper 20% of itself
blown off). I tested D7 out of circuit and it checked out OK so I re-
attached it and started testing. -62.53v on the bias now and the radio
is operating normally. I did a MDS test on 80/40 & 20m and the reciever
checked out fine.

      Could I be imagining things or are my backlights bluer now? The S
meter really looks a lot less green and more blue now. My guess is the 
power supply is putting out more voltage now and the lightbulbs are
glowing whiter than before.

      I also noticed that it takes far less drive to get full power than before.
As a matter of fact, the upper/lower indiccators look brighter than before....

      Maybe the old C5a/b was pulling down the power supply? 

      Anyways, TR4 #29191 is a happy camper again and her owner is
happy, too. To the users of this list:

                                 THANK YOU!!!
     
      Especially K4OAH Garey - you da man!

Ken

73's de Ken KG0WX - Kadiddlehopper #11808,
        Flying Pigs #-1055, Grid EM17ip





_________________________________________________________________
Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble 
challenge with star power.
http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_oct
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to