Right you are, Thom.  It is the squeaking wheel that gets the oil.

Then there are  the nice guys.  I bid on and won a receiver and paid for it 
and shipping via PayPal.  It never arrived and three direct emails to the 
seller  theough eBay plus two through PayPal got no answer.  I filed a claim 
and 
PayPal paid me back in full within 2 weeks. 

The very next day, there was the same receiver, pictures and description on 
eBay for the same starting bid. I fired off a not too nice email to the seller 
through eBay. He replied that somehow my bid had slopped through the cracks 
and he was very sorry. He pulled the item off and sold it to me for $10.00 less 
than my original bid, plus he paid the shipping. It was one of those walk in 
eBay stores so I can see where things could have been overlooked. In this case, 
it appeared to be an honest mistake and they made good. That does not explain 
the lack of return replies to my emails, but since I got my item, I did not 
pursue it any further, but I did not leave any feedback.

73, 

 John,  W4AWM


**************************************
 See what's new at 
http://www.aol.com

Reply via email to