Thom LaCosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
At 09:06 AM 11/19/2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Complain to eBay?!  This is a joke, right?

No, not at all....I do quite a bit...I've never lost a dispute and never not gotten a refund from PayPal.

Just finding the right link is an exercise it itself, let alone be able to talk to a real person. Oh by the way, if you're interested in an illegal CB linear, new or used, tube or solid state, base station or mobile, from a private party or company, you can find over 100 listed 24/7 on Upay, I mean eBay. And yes, I've discussed the matter multiple times with both eBay and the FCC. The result? Well, if you want an illegal CB linear just go to eBay 24/7...

Interesting....exactly what did the FCC say/do. One would have to think that if they did nothing and ebay knew that the FCC regulated the sales of linears, ebay might not get too concerned if the FCC isn't,


Still, each of us should still try the best we can to improve the hobby rather than giving up. Too, we should be discerning in terms of what situations we can change and which we can't. These are responsibilities that come with being ham operators.

It's also the responsibility of anyone buys things, especially at auctions. I used to restore antiques...and as part of the business went to auctions 2 or 3 nights a week. I got burned once....and then started to learn to protect meyelf. Unfortunately there was no mailing list or web page that taught folks about rafter bids and the like. Was the auctioneer crooked? Yep. Was I uninformed? Yep. So I have to take part of the blame for being fleeced.

73,
Thom - k3hrn

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to