On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:34:03 -0700, Richard Knoppow wrote: > > Note: do people on this list prefer top replies or >bottom? I got a private e-mail asking me to change to top >posting so I am trying it.
It varies. In the dialup BBS scene where I cut my online teeth, bottom posting was the standard. It also follows the flow of the conversation. Top posting is lazinesss in some cases, but seems to have become the preferred method in the business world because it creates a "paper trail". Whatever. You will never get any group of two or more people to agree on using one method or the other. I just use what seems appropriate for the individual message, depending on content and length of reply, and whether interleaving makes sense. More important IMO is I REALLY wish people would learn to trim replies and use apostrophes correctly.... 73 -Jim (don't even get me started on reading comprehension) -- A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail? _______________________________________________ Drakelist mailing list [email protected] http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

