> The result of a missing reply-to header is that
> you have to use the reply-all function of your
> mail client to answer back to the list, which
> seems unnatural. In most cases, answers seem
> to be sent in private mail as implied by the
> missing header.
>
> As of my perception, this makes the list *more*
> noisy as required and renders the list archive
> less useful. Let me explain.

I agree. Useful responses are not publicly archived, which means they
are not searchable, which means we get the same questions over and
over -- not because there is no answer, but because there is no
*public* answer.

I would very much appreciate the reconfiguration of dspace-tech to
reply-to-list instead of reply-to-sender.

Dorothea

--
Dorothea Salo                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digital Repository Librarian      AIM: mindsatuw