-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:36:16 +0000
> Von: RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
> An: dspam-community-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
> CC: dspam-community-u...@lists.sourceforge.net,
> dspam-community-de...@lists.sourceforge.net,
> dspam-users@lists.nuclearelephant.com, dspam-...@lists.nuclearelephant.com
> Betreff: Re: [Dspam-community-devel] I would appreciate some feedback

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:52:27 +0100
> "Steve" <steeeeev...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Or if you are not a DSPAM user jet and using something else: Why
> > don't you use DSPAM? Why do you use something else? What function /
> > feature would motivate you to switch to DSPAM?
>
> IMO DSPAM tries too hard to appeal to enterprise-level sysadmins at
> the expense of individual and soho users. This is rather dangerous
> because most such OSS projects tend to draw their new developers from
> the latter group.
>
> I was put-off using DSPAM for a long time because it wasn't clear
> to me that it could even be used without mta integration, quarantine
> etc. And the idea of managing spam through a webpage, or forwarding
> addresses seems very clumsy compared with dragging to a learn-spam
> folder or setting a flag.

Funny you mention this because that would require IMAP integration but above
you complained about MTA integration.

> I think it's a mistake to lump together all
> the parts of DSPAM under a single project name, it gives the impression
> that it's a Windows-style monolithic application.

Is it so important if it is monolithic or not? I personally care more about the
result of the filtering and the level of maintenance it needs then about the
question if it is monolithic or not. But that's just me.

> Even if you google around and eventually find that it can be used as a
> local standalone classifier like Bogofilter or Spamassassin, it still
> has rough edges. Most of what you find on google will tell you that
> you need to setup an sql backend manually - that's going to loose a
> lot of people. If you read around a bit more, you may find out about
> the hash driver, and home-directory support. However, the hash driver
> support is much less mature, and unlike Bogofilter and Spamassassin,
> DSPAM doesn't honour $HOME, so you can't use virtual home directories.

What do you mean with "virtual home directories"? Could you explain me what
this is?

--
NUR NOCH BIS 31.01.! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 EURO/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

!DSPAM:1011,497ba345150921211911124!