No where did I imply that you said you would give up HF.  :)
Differing aspects of amateur radio have their place.  That's what makes
it, in my opinion, the hobby I never grow tired of.
Been pounding brass for almost 47 years now. CW will still be here 47
more years from now.
D-Star will most likely yield to something else - which fine and dandy.

CU on 160 this winter.

73, Jozef WB2MIC