From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of John Parkins
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 2:51 AM
To: J. Moen
Subject: Re: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Re: Bit Rate?

Hello Jim.

Quite agree with all you say.

Plus: the D-Star system I have now allows me to sit in the garden with
a handheld running 100mW and speaking to someone AND being able to
understand them, on the other side of the world. Yes I could fire up
HF battle through the QRM, QRN and idiots and do the same thing but
it's nice to have the option.

The other thing that gives D-Star the green light is my wife thinks
it's cool and she's not impressed with any other branch of the hobby.