Hi,

it's not possible to contain capther marks in the mpg-file and therefore DeVeDe
does know nothing about them!

The only thing DVBcut does concerning the chapters is to give you a comma
separated list of the chapter timestamps at the end of the DVBcut export
step which you have to convert or copy&paste by yourself in a format which
DeVeDe recognizes (if possible, I'm not familar with DeVeDe).

Additionally DVBcut outputs also simple xml for dvdauthor containing the
timestamps
which you could use as basis for creating a DVD with chapters (the simple xml
is doing it without menus).

Actually you could also use the 5th option in the DVBcut export menu to
directly pipe
the mpg-file to dvdauthor and create a dvd titleset you could burn on a DVD
(again
without menus).

If you want to have fancy menues with thumbnails I would recommend to use
dvdwizard, a commandline tool (actually a bunch of bash scripts), which uses
dvdauthor
and other tools for creating everything automatically.

For instance:

dvdwizard -T "Two Movies" -t "Movie 1" -c "<DVBcutsCommaSeparatedChapterlist>"
movie1.mpg -t "Movie 2" -c 480 movie2a.mpg movie2b.mpg

will create a DVD with 2 movies, the first one with chapter markers pasted from
DVBcut and the second
(made out of two single files) with automatic chapters every 8 minutes!

Have fun,
Ralph