Hi,

the difference between the first two are a few extra bytes in the output mpeg,
which dvdauthor needs to produce a DVD. If you just want the mpeg file you
can get a slightly smaller file with the second option (but IMHO it's not
worth it, since when you decide later to burn a DVD you need to recode).

The multiplexer is the piece of software which is responsible for merging
audio and video together in a synchronous way (multiplexing them).

You can optionally choose the libavformat multiplexer (same which uses
FFMPEG). An old edition is included in DVBCUT (or depending on distro your
binary may be dynamically linked against a more recend external library) but
for me DVBCUTs own one works better. Guess that may depend on you
DVD player hardware and you have to try.

BTW, the option #5 uses the DVBCUT multiplexer to change that you have to edit
in you ~/.qt/dvbcut.sf.netrc file the lines:

pipe/0/command=|dvdauthor -t -c '%CHAPTERS%' -v mpeg2 -o '%OUTPUT%' -
pipe/0/format=0
pipe/0/label=DVD-Video titleset (dvdauthor)
pipe/0/post=dvdauthor -o '%OUTPUT%' -T

and specify in the line with the format a value of 2 (=3rd line from menu)!

you could also alternatively add it as a new output option with:

pipe/1/command=|dvdauthor -t -c '%CHAPTERS%' -v mpeg2 -o '%OUTPUT%' -
pipe/1/format=2
pipe/1/label=DVD-Video titleset (dvdauthor), LIBAVFORMAT
pipe/1/post=dvdauthor -o '%OUTPUT%' -T

best regards,
ralph