On 02/10/2010 15:35, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2010/10/02 10:04 (GMT+0100) David Coe composed:
>
>> I don't know whether the attached document will help (it's something I
>> cobbled together for a family member who wanted to do something rather
>> similar with video files from her Humax PVR and Windows PC).
>
>> The nice thing (for me) about combining DVBcut and the command line
>> tools dvdauthor and mkisofs is not only the marked efficiency of the
>> 'keyhole' editing approach but also that all are freely available across
>> both Linux and Windows platforms.
>
> I excerpted the following from your attachment:
>
> [begin]DVD Mastering
>
> With DVBcut, you need an extra tool, such as
> DVDflick<http://www.dvdflick.net/>
> (also free) to combine the various episodes, to add an optional selection menu
> and to burn the resulting directory structure to your DVD.
>
> If you are happy to use command-line tools, dvdauthor and mkisofs are very
> fast
> and efficient alternatives. Either:
>
>    dvdauthor -t -o {film} {part1}.mpg [{part2}.mpg] [...]
>    dvdauthor -o {film} -T
>
> or, using the template XML script file output by DVBcut:
>
>    dvdauthor -x {film}.xml
>
> followed by:
>
>    mkisofs -dvd-video -o {film}.iso {film}
>
> gives an ISO file you can then burn to DVD.[end]
>
> My 0.6.18 version of dvdauthor's man page says nothing about the -x option.
> Nevertheless, I tried using the -x syntax and the xml file generated by
> dvbcut's #4 export option "DVD-Video titleset (dvdauthor)" thus:
>
> dvdauthor -o outputlocation -x filename.xml -t "Name of the Recording"
>
> which produced the following output:
>
> DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.18.
> Build options: gnugetopt imagemagick iconv freetype fribidi
> Send bugs to<dvdauthor-us...@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> ERR:  Unknown XML node type 10
>
> Dropping the -t option produced no difference in result. I looked on
> http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/ and Googled without finding any explanation
> for that message.

Could you compare the output of your "filename.xml" with the dvbcut's
on-screen output for options #1 or #2? They should look similar (even
identical) and be recognisable XML scripts.

I tend to assemble my DVDs from a composite XML file describing a
collection of broadcast and edited episodes so don't often use Ralph's
direct piping to dvbauthor.

--
David Coe