At 09:22 AM 06/29/2006, Scott Manthe wrote:
Like it or not, our politics drive our actions. And unfortunately, I didn't bring politics in to this, Rep. Rahall did and whoever complained to him did.

A short Google of Nick Rahall reveals he is a Congressman from West Virginia. The Desecho Island ops said that someone from West Virginia complained to their congressman. Does anyone besides me see a connection? Does anyone else think this is one of the "real" issues here? If there was no jealous, complaining ham, there would be no mention of ham radio in the report.

I suppose that someone with a lot of time on their hands could ascertain the ZIP codes contained in the WV 3rd congressional district, do a Buckmaster or similar search and see if any known DXers with ties to the KP1-KP5 project come up....

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT