At 01:39 AM 5/10/2007, you wrote:
Oh please....

Not everyone wants a rubber padded room world, where everything is safe and risk free. If you don't wish to go, then don't, but don't remove the excitement of doing something difficult for the rest of the world, just because YOU think it's the way things should be.

Nobody at the ARRL puts a gun to someones head, and forces guys to go. They do it precisely because it's difficult, remote, and yes, potentially dangerous and certainly exciting.

John K5MO

However, I have to ask if this set of rocks is worth the risks? I know mountain climbers die in their efforts and there are many other very dangerous "sport" activities, but should we as a hobby sanction placing our fellow hams into a place where the slightest bad weather, lightning strike, or just a nasty fall would have been an easy-to-happen disaster. How would we feel as hams if the worst had happened there? How much should we depend on LUCK? I think anyone can go where ever they please, but not with the sanction and official stamp of our great avocation.

Maybe it is time to re-think the DXCC status of this place?

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]